As an ethical hacker, you will need to understand various hacking techniques such as :—
- Password Cracking Or Guessing
- Session Hijacking
- Network traffic sniffing
- Session spoofing
- SQL Injection
- Exploiting buffer overflow vulnerabilities
- Denial of Service attacks
Basic Skills for a Ethical Hacker :–
Computer Hacking is a Science as well as an Art. Like any other expertise, you need to put a lot of effort in order to acquire knowledge and become an expert hacker. Once you are on the track, you would need more effort to keep up-to-date with latest technologies and exploitation techniques.
- An ethical hacker must be a computer system expert and needs to have very strong programming and computer networking skills.
- An ethical hacker needs to a lot of patience, persistence, and perseverance to try again and again and wait for the required result.
- Additionally, an ethical hacker should be smart enough to understand the situation and other user’s mind-set in order to apply social engineering exploits. A good ethical hacker has great solving skill too.